19 September 2022
We are hiring! Full & part time hours available.
Thomastown Credit Union Limited
Market Street, Thomastown, Co. Kilkenny.
Teller/Clerical Officer Vacancy
1 full time position – 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
1 part time position – 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a range of operation and administrative duties that will contribute to the effective running of the day-to-day operations of the credit union.
- Provide quality service to the members at the counter enabling them to make lodgements, withdrawals, loan draw down and repayments
- Accurately and diligently handle cash; reconcile balances on members accounts for any shortfall/excess
- Explain products and services to members
- Ensure member information kept on file is accurate and up to date
- Work at all times in a courteous, friendly and professional manner, preserving confidentiality and adhering strictly to all policies and procedures of the Credit Union
- General office duties
- Undertake relevant training as deemed necessary by Management
The ideal candidate should have:
- Excellent I.T. skills, administration skills and attention to detail
- Experience in cash handling
- Experience working in a credit union/ retail financial services environment would be a distinct advantage
- Qualification such as ACCUP or CUA would be an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English language is a requirement
- Experience of the Progress Banking System would be a distinct advantage
Remuneration will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s relevant experience.
Please send your CV with covering email to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday, 30th September 2022. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Recruitment Privacy Notice is available on request.
Thomastown Credit Union Limited is regulated by Central Bank of Ireland
Thomastown Credit Union Limited is an equal opportunities employer